Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Evaluating

I have been absent from blogging for a while now due to the intense workload I had to complete for my assessment which finished yesterday. I have spent the months since September creating the work below and it all came down to a half an hour slot yesterday. Getting criticism on your work can be really hard, what we do is personal and we become attached to it. My assessment went well, but they were harsh explaining my weaknesses and areas I need to improve and I had preempted all of their comments which in some ways made me feel better, but I did come away feeling quite down, I had worked so hard but It still wasnt good enough and maybe im not so naturally talented at design, I guess we are always learning and thats what design is all about and after photographing my work today and reflecting I see that although I can still improve I am actually quite pleased with what I have achieved this year and look forward to doing even better. So enjoy and let me know what you think.

branding me
Assessment labelling
research books
research books
Build Britain
build britain
build britain
build britain
ICA logo
ICA logo
ICA logo
ICA logo
signage book
signage
photographic etching
photographic etching
photographic etching
MUM
MUM

2 comments:

Julie said...

Millie all of this works is fantastic!!!! I feel really inspired now :D I think it's all so beautiful and I love it!

I'm sad to hear the assessment got you feeling down a little! I think there are always thing to improve on, and maybe that's what they wanted to impress upon you. But I'm glad you're happy with it all, it looks like great work!

Bronwyn Opland said...

Millie, I think they only said that you weren't 'there' yet is because, as students, we're never 'there'. It'll take years, And they know that things like that will motivate you. They also said a lot of really encouraging things in your assessment so you should focus on that. You're one of the best in the class, definitely the most hard working and dedicated, so that should be enough to make you smile : )

Cheer up chuck. You're way ahead of most people in the class and everyone knows you're destined for great things. So stop worrying and just carry on as you have been, because by all accounts you're doing great.